Last week, Aceik and Sitecore brought together 16 digital experts from around Australia to discuss digital transformation – the trends, challenges and risks facing a new project in 2021. And it wouldn’t be a robust discussion without a wine tasting – kindly delivered by SocialTable and Price’s Wines.
Our moderator introduced two topics then guests were divided into groups of 6 to discuss. Upon return to the main track, guests then shared their unique discussion. And today, we wanted to share the key highlights.
What are the biggest factors you think will influence investment and digital transformation over the next 12 months?
- Customer-driven service channel
- Being reactive to competitor demand
- We’re not competing with competitors anymore, we’re competing with the most recent best experience the customer has had, and that’s the new benchmark
- Depending on which industry the impact of COVID-19 varied (ie retail saw loads of money move into their ecommerce stores)
- COVID-19 made getting sign-off easier on digital projects. Because digital was pretty much the only active channel
- Increased emphasis on ROI now
- Public sector using data in marketing campaigns
- Coming out of COVID-19 lockdowns might be the perfect time to be disruptive
What do you think are the biggest risks or pain points that companies aren’t aware of when embarking on a digital transformation project.
- Budget 😊
- Ensuring exec team is along on the journey
- Lack of understanding of what digital transformation means
- Finding the right agency to work with and trust
- Exec team churn.
- Getting staff buy in early
- Ongoing costs of systems implementations not considered
- Silo’d environments
- Staff can be resistant
- Defining success criteria
- Lack of a clear project leader
- Failing to train!